Monday, February 29, 2016

Genetics

I can say that I have not done the genetics or the DNA tests that help establish your family lines. It is to help you find your respective line so there will be no mistakes in your family tree. I know someone who has done it, and I actually have not asked them about it, but maybe I should. I try to know my family line, but so many people want to claim individual stories to their line, that the lines get muddled.

The DNA tests are supposed to solve that problem. It takes the guesswork out of finding your right family line. I am also wondering if it takes the fun out of finding the family names? Is it part of the fun for you? I know I love the detective work, but even detectives use all tools available. One reason I have not done this is because of the money it costs. I know it costs, but I am not sure how much, nor have I looked into it.

I am always looked at as being a unique individual. I pride myself on that and have no problem saying I do not want ot do that test. If I did, I could solve the mystery that is me on all sides of my tree. I could know why I have certain issues, and I could know who is my true patriarch that established my line here in America. That would be a boon, but...

Knowing the true lines can be a blessing and if you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints , then you would be doubly blessed to know this information. Knowledge is not a bad thing, unless it is the wrong knowledge. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.




No comments:

Post a Comment